Saturday, August 21, 2010

India and it's 64th Independence Day

[Thanks to friends who started following and commenting on my blogs. I wish they continue even after I continue posting more arbit stuff]

Last Sunday India celebrated it's 64th Independence Day. I couldn't feel the pulse being far from India. But even in US, Indians celebrate that day with great enthusiasm and spirit. 

Independence is the best boon India ever had, but I personally would love to spend some time before independence...may be time machine or something like that. That will give me a better realization of what Independence is. I have been looking for a proper and comprehensible definition of  "independence" in Indian context and  I read some editorial from Anandabazar and that was very interesting. Since I am independent I can hear music and I can select the song,frequency and intensity as long as it does not disturb others. It explains everything....!We can do whatever we like as long it does not hamper others' right of living their own life.

In my University the Indian organization organized a small cultural program(http://www.diamondbackonline.com/news/saris-samosas and-celebration-1.1536399). But let me now come to the point why I am writing a post on Indian Independence living all other interesting stuff happening across the world(like CWG and Maoists in India). Because I hoisted the flag that day. I was randomly selected from the crowd to do the job. It's a great feeling to hoist a flag abroad. It gives me a sense of patriotism and truly speaking I could introduce myself to the beautiful girls in Maryland. After that I was interviewed by a beautiful non-Indian lady(I should mention, initially I thought she was coming for an autograph). 

The only point which I would like to make that sometimes Indians try to be western but end up adopting the worse features of the Western Society. It is true even in my case. I live the weekdays like Indians(when I do some work and some rest and Americans work for the whole day) and weekends like Americans(Where I don't do any work but I am supposed to given my weekdays schedule). As soon as we will not be doing these kind of things, we could proceed way ahead. We have got the talent, we have to channelize properly.

Whatever, I see a better future for India, I might be optimistic....but let's see......!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment